Assist. Prof. Dr. Igor Muševič
- Force Spectroscopy and Brewster angle ellipsometry at the interfaces of
complex fluids, like liquid crystals and macromolecules, on solid
- Casimir force in soft condensed matter systems.
- Atomic Force Microscopy and Spectroscopy of different soft condensed
matter systems with Molecular recognition using Force Spectroscopy.
- Physics behind the deposition of nanoparticles onto polymer surfaces.
- Phase transitions in free standing films of ferroelectric and
antiferroelectric liquid crystals. Optics of birefringent modulated
structures. Dynamics of ferroelectric and antiferroelectric liquid crystals
near phase transitions.
- Investigations of surface structures of a series of transition-metal di-,
tri- and terachalcogenides using scanning tunneling microscopy, transmission
electron microscopy, low-energy electron diffraction, Auger spectroscopy and
metal deposition by means of a Knudsen source.
- Study of nucleation, growth processes and manipulation at the atomic
level, which represents the basis for a controlled fabrication of metallic
- Synthesis, structural and physical characterization of inorganic micro and
nanotubes with special emphasis on their electrical, mechanical and optical
- Investigations of nanoparticles and metal oxides for their potential
application in industry.
AFM image of TiO2 nanopartices on mica.